Teaching children. Serving families.
Head Start is a nationally-recognized non-profit assisting income-eligible families with core areas of childhood development and family services. At no cost to you, we will provide access to resources to help your child thrive in the classroom and in life.
Proudly Serving: Pregnant mothers, children from birth to 5 years old and their families with convenient access to high-quality early learning and social services.
Our programs serve around 2,000 children and families each year
Offered services to Lake and Porter County families since 1997
Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
How We Can Assist Your Family and Kids
Child Development & Education
- School Readiness
- Language & literacy
- Math, science & social awareness
- Health, nutrition & physical development
- Special education services (IEP & IFSP)
- Research-based curriculum & assessments
- Individualized family support
- Parent education & trainings
- Family life practices: advocacy & self-sufficiency
- Family goal setting & referrals
- Crisis intervention & emergency support
- Shared governance: program decision-making
- Up-to-date school physicals & dentals
- Up-to-date immunizations
- Well baby checks
- Follow-up services & support
- Healthy family habits training
- Mental health services
- USDA-approved healthy breakfast, lunch & snacks
A Head Start for School, A Head Start for Life
We can talk all day about the benefits of Head Start, but the numbers speak for themselves. Learn more about the goals and progress we are making for families in Northwest Indiana.