Pregnancy and Childbirth can be both exciting and overwhelming. To support expecting moms, Geminus Head Start’s Prenatal Program provides Prenatal Life Coaches – trained caregivers who empower moms throughout their pregnancy and the early postpartum time. Pregnant Teens receive priority enrollment.
Enrollment ensures priority registration into our evidence-based Home Visitor Program or one of our center-based sites when your child is born.
This federally-funded program offers:
- Companionship during doctor’s visits
- Calming strategies
- Safe sleep education
- Car seat safety training
- Cooking classes
- Social group outings
- Assistance for securing medical care, transportation, food or stable housing
Our Prenatal Life Coaches are certified doulas who:
- Encourage positive, healthy birthing experiences
- Empower moms to communicate their needs and perceptions of a healthy birth
- Minimize risk of health issues and postpartum mood disorders
- Improve breastfeeding success
- Support the needs of newborn, mom and the family at home